You can only consume a limited amount of food in a day.
To maximize the amount of nutrients you take in, it makes sense to spend your calorie budget wisely.
To make sure that you get the proper nutrients in your daily intake of food, we recommend that you add the 10 food items below to your diet.
below are the 10 most nutrient-dense foods that we have access to.
Salmon is the king of fish.
Salmon — and other fatty types of fish — contain the greatest amount of omega-3’s fatty acids.
Benefits of eating Salmon:
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Salmon is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA
- Great Source of Protein. …
- High in B Vitamins. …
- Good Source of Potassium. …
- Loaded With Selenium. …
- Contains the Antioxidant Astaxanthin. …
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease. …
- May Benefit Weight Control.
Studies show that people who eat fatty fish regularly have a lower risk of heart disease, dementia, depression and many other common diseases
Of all the healthy leafy greens, kale is the king.
It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants and various bioactive compounds.
Benefits of eating Kale:
- Kale Is Among The Most Nutrient-Dense Foods on The Planet. …
- Kale Is Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants Like Quercetin and Kaempferol. …
- It Is an Excellent Source of Vitamin C. …
- Kale Can Help Lower Cholesterol, Which May Reduce The Risk of Heart Disease. …
- Kale Is One of The World’s Best Sources of Vitamin K.
Kale may be even healthier than spinach. Both are very nutritious, but kale is lower in oxalates, which are substances that can bind minerals like calcium in your intestine, preventing them from being absorbed.
Seaweed grows in or near salty waters. There are several types, and they generally contain many healthful minerals that are easy for the body to break down. Adding seaweed to the diet may help with thyroid function, digestive health, and weight loss.
Types of seaweed include:
- blue-green algae, such as spirulina and chlorella
This variety can make it easy to incorporate seaweed into different recipes. It is possible to eat too much seaweed, however, and some people should avoid it.
Garlic is one of the most useful ingredient that you can incorporate into your diet.
Benefits of eating Garlic:
- Garlic Contains Compounds With Potent Medicinal Properties. …
- Garlic Is Highly Nutritious But Has Very Few Calories. …
- Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold. …
- The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure. …
- Garlic Improves Cholesterol Levels, Which May Lower the Risk of Heart Disease.
The nutrition benefits of eating garlic alongside its usefulness in creating delicious dishes make it a very useful and important everyday ingredient.
Many sea animals are high in nutrients, but shellfish may be among the most nutritious of all.
Benefits of eating Shellfish:
- Very minimal fat levels
- Best source of dietary proteins.
- The dietary cholesterol found in shellfish is actually healthy.
- Good source of vitamins (vitamin B-12, Vitamin A, vitamin B6, Vitamin B3 among other vitamins.)
- Omega-3 fatty acids (Not as much as Salmon but it still provides a decent amount of Omega-3’s)
Commonly consumed types of shellfish include clams, oysters, scallops and mussels.
Potatoes are high in potassium, magnesium, iron, copper and manganese. It also contains vitamin C and most B vitamins.
According to some studies, there are accounts of people living on nothing but potatoes for a long time.
They are also one of the most filling foods. When researchers compared the satiety value of different foods, boiled potatoes scored higher than any other food measured.
If you allow potatoes to cool after cooking, they also form resistant starch a fiber-like substance with many powerful health benefits.
8. Dark chocolate (Cocoa)
Majority of the people are not aware of the benefits of dark chocolate. It’s high cocoa content is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat.
Dark chocolate is a very rich source of antioxidants and minerals, and it generally contains less sugar than milk chocolate. Some research suggests that dark chocolate may help lower the risk of heart disease, reduce inflammation and insulin resistance, and improve brain function
For all those chocolate lovers, go grab some dark chocolate but be sure to eat in moderation and always pick the purest form of cocoa.
If you are not familiar with Sardines, these are small, oily fish that can be eaten whole.
Given that the organs are usually the most nutritious parts of an animal, it is not surprising that whole sardines are very nourishing.
Benefits of eating Sardines:`
- Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help prevent heart disease due to their anti-inflammatory properties. …
- Vitamins. Sardines are an excellent source of vitamin B-12. …
- Calcium. Sardines are an excellent source of calcium. …
- Minerals. …
When it comes to taste and nutritional value of fruits, blueberries are in a league of their own.
Blueberries are packed with antioxidants.
Benefits of eating Blueberries:
- 1) Maintaining healthy bones. Blueberries contain iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K. …
- 2) Skin health. …
- 3) Lowering blood pressure. …
- 4) Managing diabetes. …
- 5) Protecting against heart disease. …
- 6) Preventing cancer. …
- 7) Improving mental health. …
- 8) Healthy digestion, weight loss, and feeling full.
One study found that obese men and women with metabolic syndrome had a lowered blood pressure and reduced markers of oxidized LDL cholesterol when they added blueberries to their diet.
10. Egg Yolks
Without research, most people would unfairly demonize egg yolks because of their cholesterol content.
However, studies show that dietary cholesterol isn’t something you generally need to worry about.
Egg yolks contain vitamins A, D, E and K along with omega-3 fats. Compared to the whites, egg yolks are also rich in folate and vitamin B12. 5. The yolks are also packed with tryptophan and tyrosine, and amino acids that help prevent heart diseases, notes the book Healing foods
Egg yolks are therefore one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. Whole eggs are so nutritious that they’re sometimes referred to as “nature’s multivitamin.”
The Bottom Line
A lot of people rely on dietary supplements, when they can simply fill their meals with nutrient-dense foods. Try balancing your diet with these super nutrients and lay off the dietary supplements, as these pills would never be able to replace the physical nutrients produced by mother nature.
By Fitresidents, June 18th 2020